Sunday, January 28, 2018

Andrea Ahlson - Bio Post




A little bit about me……Andrea Ahlson… My passion for photography started at a young age, and was especially encouraged by the women of my family. My mother was my first teacher, and I learned how to take snapshots with a Polaroid 600 series camera. We captured memories from our everyday lives and special occasions. Our greatest adventure came when we moved to rural Alaska. We collected many images of the land and sea with its fascinating creatures and unpredictable weather.
My next teacher was my paternal grandmother. I lived with my paternal grandparents during my high school years on our family farm in Parkdale, OR. I was put in charge of photographing new born calves in the spring for farm records. We would take pictures during our myriad road-trips to eastern Oregon to visit family. I amassed a collection of upwards of 150 windmills, upon which I had become fixated.
Today, I channel my passion through my camera: using it to immerse myself into the amazing breathtaking Pacific Northwest. It thrills me to express the blissful instances and spontaneous joys of people, to attempt the never-ending challenge of capturing the awesome complexity and beauty of our world’s natural inhabitants, and to give a glimpse into the landscapes which are the utterly magnificent backdrop to my life. I am developing new techniques of reflecting my clients’ uniqueness. I deeply believe the collaboration with other human beings is crucial for producing more engaging ideas. I seek to know the real you and how you think, so the I can capture you the way you see yourself. I also enjoy creating custom art to decorate your business or home spaces; because everyone should be able to be surrounded by what they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment