Monday, April 25, 2016

My profile

Hello, I'm Deidre. I'm currently a student in the integrated media program at Mt. Hood Community College. I'm a little older than most students and one might ask why I decided to take a chance and pursue a career in a male dominated, young person's field. Well, I have always wanted to tell stories. As a child and teen I couldn't stop. After graduating high school, I was told I needed to pursue something practical as there was no place for me in the entertainment industry. I ultimately decided to go into the medical field, later I got into non-profit work, I've even worked with national organizations like sprint and Xerox. They just won't do. I need to tell stories. I'm currently working on a fictional novel involving a successful female drug lord.  I hope to adapt that into a screen play and tell the story of this woman who lived in our neighborhood in central Los Angeles, this will be a loosely based account of course. I'm also looking to take an internship with City Bible Church, in their productions program. I would like to be a script writer, do screen plays, maybe theatrical plays, who knows. I guess that's it for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment