Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Bio Feature - Lidia Johnson

 

My mother was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago. As time went by she was able to do less and less and therefore missing out on amazing events. I realized then how important it was to capture moments and the emotions that come with them. I would go out to family gatherings, church events, concerts, anything that meant something to her, and bring those memories back. I realized how powerful photography was and how much it seemed to mean to me. Time is not on our side and once a moment is gone we can't get it back. But we can seize them. We can hold onto them even when our brain starts to fade. And when it's our time others will hold them and keep passing them on. I will create something worth holding onto. 




No comments:

Post a Comment