Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Meme Feature - But That's None of My Business

My Meme....That I created.


The meme featuring beloved childhood puppet, Kermit the Frog, titled "but that's none of my business," originated on Instagram in 2014 from a Muppets movie. The posts had the hashtag #kermitmemes, which then evolved into an Instagram page with the handle @kermitbelike.  The meme is meant to be humorously sarcastic with the ending of "but that's none of my business."  By June 20th of 2014 the meme spread dramatically to most social media sites including Facebook and Twitter, and again on Instagram another handle was created called @thatsnoneofmybusinesstho.  During the first few days of being created, this feed gained about 130,000 followers.  On Twitter, this Kermit meme got mentioned about 11,000 times in just the first four days of reaching Twitter.  This meme is still a very popular way of stating opinions in which people wouldn't get so easily offended.  I have personally seen this meme used many times in a political way, etc.  

Here are just a few examples of it:








No comments:

Post a Comment